|Home Page - Program - Contacts & Links - Picture Gallery - Recipes|
Chocolate Fudge Bars4 tablespoons golden syrup
100g plain cooking chocolate
225g digestive biscuits broken into small pieces
50g roughly chopped nuts or shredded coconut
50g glacÚ cherries, quartered
1. Spoon the syrup into a heavy based saucepan and add the butter. Heat gently until both are melted and stir well.
2. Away from the heat, add the chocolate and stir vigorously until well blended.
3. Stir the biscuit pieces, nuts, cherries and sultanas into the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
4. Line the base of an 18cm square cake tin with greaseproof paper. Pour in the mixture, spread evenly and press down firmly. Cool, then chill until set, about 3 hours.
5. Carefully turn out the fudge biscuit slab and cut into approximately 15 bars. Keep chilled in warm weather.