|Home Page - Program - Contacts & Links - Picture Gallery - Recipes|
White Chocolate and Apricot Squares125g butter
175g white chocolate, chopped
125g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
100g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
1. Lightly grease and line with greaseproof paper a 23cm/9” square tin.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir frequently with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat and leave the mixture to cool slightly.
3. Beat the eggs and caster sugar into the butter and chocolate mixture until well combined.
4. Fold in the flour, baking powder, salt and chopped apricots and mix well.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in a preheated oven, 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4, for 25-30mins.
6. The centre of the cake may not be completely firm, but it will set as it cools. Leave in the tin to cool.
7. When the cake is completely cold, turn it out and cut into squares.